Pawpaw and Orange Cocktail in Cardamom Syrup
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- 2 oranges, peeled, sliced
- 50 ml water
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 2 star anise
- 1/2 small pawpaw, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp low-fat, unsweetened yoghurt (you can use vegan yoghurt if you wish)
- 1 tbsp LSA mix (linseeds, sesame seeds and almonds. If you can’t get LSA mix at the supermarket, don’t panic; replace with chopped raw almonds, sesame and linseeds mixed yourself).
- Combine orange zest and juice, water, cardamom and anise in a small saucepan over low heat. Gently heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly and to allow spices to infuse. Strain when cold
- Arrange sliced oranges and pawpaw in serving bowls or on plates. Drizzle with orange syrup, top with yoghurt and sprinkle with some LSA mix.
Serves: 4 (only one server recommended for cancer patients).